Common opinion says that there are only three cities in the former USSR that perfectly suit the software outsourcing industry. Picture this, only three cities that have really good infrastructure, engineering schools and overall attractiveness for life. These are Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Kiev.
Welcome to Ukraine
We are in TOP 10 countries with the most certified IT profs
200+ thousands developers in the country
One of Gartner's TOP 30 outsourcing locations
Create better apps for a better world
The capital of Ukraine has six important advantages:
- four top-rated technical universities are located in Kiev (NTUU “Kiev Polytechnic Institute”, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev, National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” and National Aviation University);
- Kiev attracts talented people thanks to its good architecture, variety of cultural and entertainment facilities, restaurants, good medical clinics and shopping centers;
- it is also convenient for business due to the rich choice of office premises, Internet providers, finance and legal institutions, good hotels and availability of all types of business services;
- Kiev is one of the safest capital cities in the former USSR;
- the city has a favorable geographical location, and two modern airports link it to the rest of the world;
- the majority of foreigners who visit Kiev say that it is a nice European city with friendly people, warm atmosphere and lots of opportunities to have a good time.
By the way, Kiev is not as expensive as St Petersburg or Moscow. For instance, rent prices in Moscow are 116.07% higher than in Kiev, restaurant prices – 35.20% higher, groceries – 51.25% higher (source: numbeo.com)
It’s no surprise that Kiev is one of the largest centers for offshore software development in EMEA and CIS.